Student Policy & Information:
Be On Time
- Student should be in the classroom at least 2 minutes before the class start-time with all materials needed for the lesson.
- Teacher will begin the class right at the start time. If student is not present, teacher will wait for the first 15 minutes of class. If the student does not enter the classroom within the first 15 minutes, then it is noted as an unexcused absence/no show for the student.
- If class begins late as a result of the student, class will resume until end of the scheduled class time.
- If teacher is not in the classroom, please contact the customer support immediately so that we can address the problem promptly. Should the teacher miss the class without a substitute filling in for them, a make-up lesson will be scheduled within one week at the student’s convenience for no additional fee.
If student needs to miss and reschedule a class due to the reasons below, classes may be rescheduled up to 2 hours before class time or canceled (with no refund or makeup) up to 30 minutes before class time.
Makeup classes can only be made up after the class is missed and it must be rescheduled to take place within 4 weeks of the missed class. Rescheduling request must be made at the time of rescheduling the session. Cancellation or rescheduling requests can be notified no more than 2 weeks before. Refunds are not given for missed classes.
- Includes: Illness, Death in Family, Appointment, Work/School Conflict, National Holiday, Technical Issues (internet, Skype, computer issues)
- Should you have a technical issue at the time of class and are unable to notify us beforehand, please email support as soon as possible so that it can count as an excused absence.
- The portal allows for up to 50% of your monthly hours to be rescheduled.
- There are NO refunds for any type of absence.
- Extended absence of up to 1 (calendar) week: In the case that a student will be absent for up to 1 week, student will be responsible for paying 1/2 price tuition for all classes within that extended absence if the student wants to hold their class time and teacher. If you still have 2 excused absences to use, you may apply those for make-up classes during this week. Please note that vacations are not considered an excused absence, therefore cannot be combined with excused absence makeup classes.
- Extended absence of more than 1 (calendar) week: In the case that a student will be absent for more than 1 calendar week, student will be responsible for paying 1/2 price tuition for the first week and full-price tuition for all classes after the first week within the extended absence if the student wants to hold their class time and teacher. If you still have 2 excused absences to use, you may apply those for make-up classes during this week. Please note that vacations are not considered an excused absence, therefore cannot be combined with excused absence makeup classes.
- Any type of absence that is not listed in the “Excused Absence” policy. This includes an un-notified absence from class and/or notification of non-emergency absence less than 12 hours before class time.
- In case of unexcused absence, there will be no refund or free makeup for that class.
- Makeup lessons must be arranged within 2 weeks after the missed class and must be scheduled to take place within 4 weeks following the missed class.
- If student misses the makeup session, there is no free makeup lesson or refund.
- If a class is canceled or suspended for any reason, any scheduled makeup sessions will be canceled as well. Make up sessions are only available for active classes. Make up classes cannot be scheduled after cancellation.
Teacher Assignment Changes
- Although we try to keep this at a minimum, in some instances, a permanent change in teacher may occur.
- Throughout the course, student may be assigned a new teacher, as you reach new levels.
- On most instances, the administration may decide to delegate a substitute to teach for a missed lesson. The substitute will use the teacher’s same classroom and teach the class according to the institute’s instructions for that day.
- Substitute teachers are used for all courses except the Ijaazah Program.
- If a class is canceled due to a teacher’s absence for any reason, a substitute will be assigned to the class.
- If no substitute is available, a make-up lesson will be scheduled for no additional fee. There are no refunds for missed classes.
- Learning materials are provided in class, however we high recommend that you purchase your own copy of the book, as some homework and exercises are done in the book.
- Digital learning materials are complimentary with any course enrollment.
- Digital content may not be shared or distributed and is only accessible when a student is at that point in the class.
- Previous content may be automatically closed (no access) after completion.
- Some video and audio content is used for some lessons.
- Studio Arabiya reserves the right to change ,add or remove any content in any course or discontinue any course without notice or refund to the students enrolled in that course.
- Students are expected to act as if they are in a live class. In order to get the most out of your class, please pay close attention to the teacher, remove any distractions from learning area and room, sit properly, have a good headset to hear well, turn on your camera.
Classroom and Teacher-Student Relationship Policy
- Students and Teachers must maintain a professional relationship at all times, limiting conversation to only class materials. Students must not share any personal information in the teacher at any time.
- Teachers are strictly prohibited to ask student for personal information, favors or monetary gifts/loans. Should a teacher ask the student for anything, including money, student must decline and report to the administration immediately!
- For security measures, students and teachers are not to conduct classes outside of Studio Arabiya for any reason.
- Any complaints of teachers abusing their teacher-student relationship, in any way, must be reported immediately to email@example.com.
- Should a student neglect this policy, Studio Arabiya will take necessary action to resolve the issue with the teacher, but Studio Arabiya is not responsible for any loss to the student.
Student Support Team
If you have any questions or need advice about course plans, levels, or customizing your course, you can contact the student support to assist you. Any scheduling requests or general requests about classes should be taken care of directly through the student support team.
- Tuition is billed once every 4 weeks at the beginning of the billing period. Payment is due upon receiving the invoice.
- Classes are automatically suspended if invoice is not paid 4 days following invoice date. Suspended classes will be automatically reactivated after payment. Should invoice go unpaid after suspension 4 days, the class will be canceled until payment is received. Once payment is received, an agent will contact you to reactivate your classes.
- In order for teacher to prepare and finalize classes and grades, sessions may last up to three minutes less than scheduled, as needed by teacher. (Ex: if schedule is for a 30-minute session, the interactive part of the class may last 27 minutes)
- The student will receive periodic reminders after the invoice is due. Should the invoice be unpaid after the due date, then the student’s lessons will be suspended until payment is received. Due to having many students on the waiting list for classes, suspension will likely result in the student losing their lesson time slot and/or their teacher. Lessons will resume after we receive the payment.
- For any classes missed between the suspension notice and resuming classes, make-up classes can be scheduled. For extended absences due to suspension, the billing cycle can be adjusted. No refunds will be made for missed classes.
- If, for any reason, the student is unable to pay in a timely manner, please notify the billing department as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- There are NO refunds for missed classes, excused or unexcused. Make-up classes are offered as per the terms above.
- Refunds are not given for any reason during or after the Ijaazah Program. If teacher resigns in the middle of reading for the ijaazah or if you do not complete the program successfully the first time, there is no refund for the class time taken.
- If a student stops classes and has auto-payments in their billing account turned on, please make sure you stop the auto-payments in your account.
- All tuition is billed via email and paid through Studio Arabiya’s PayPal account (firstname.lastname@example.org), Credit Card, or Checks via mail. Do NOT send money through any other means or accounts.
NOTE: Studio Arabiya reserves the right to periodic tuition increases for all students who are enrolled.
Money Back Guarantee
- Studio Arabiya’s 100% Money Back Guarantee allows you to try the courses and feel secured that if you are not satisfied, you may get your money back. This only applies if you cancel your course within the first week of classes. Anytime after that, money will not be refunded for classes already taken.
- The money back guarantee does not apply after the first week of classes.
- All content found in the online class portal is copyrighted by and property of Studio Arabiya.
- Materials, including but not limited to images, pdf files, games, audio files, videos, curriculum, interactive content, may not be reproduced by any means and may not be embedded, altered, copied, photographed or distributed anywhere outside of the Studio Arabiya Portal without prior written permission by Studio Arabiya Administration.
- Each class has private discussions between the teacher and the student(s).
- Discussions must be limited to the class subjects only.
- Sharing private information in discussions is not allowed.
- Discussing any topics outside of the course materials is not allowed.
- Teachers may or may not use this feature. Timely replies are at the teacher’s discretion and dependent on their availability to reply.
Group & Homeschool Classes
- Group classes tuition and set up can be slightly different than other online classes in Studio Arabiya.
- For some adult group classes, recordings are uploaded to the group class for students to access and review at anytime during the semester. There are no recordings posted for Homeschool or Sunday School classes.
- Group classes are offered on a pre-determined semester.
- We reserve the right to cancel a group class at any time, in case of low enrollment or other circumstances.
- There are no makeup session or refund for missed sessions.
- Group class access is available from the first of the semester until the day before the following semester. (Example: A spring semester class will be open for students’ access until the day before the summer semester begins). No exceptions can be made.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they are enrolled in the correct class and level for all group classes. There are no evaluations for group classes, so students are responsible for ensuring they enroll in the correct class/level.
- In order to ensure that we offer high quality classes, some lessons may be recorded for review by the
- The recorded lessons are only for use by the administration/supervisors to regularly check the quality of the classes and the teachers. The recordings are deleted shortly thereafter.
- Adult group classes are recorded and used for students of that class to view in their account.
- For quality purposes, supervisors may enter the classroom to observe the class. For female students, the supervisor will be a female.
- Sessions may not be recorded – audio or video – by students for any reason. This is to protect the privacy of the teachers.
Studio Arabiya strives to keep the institute open year-round, with the exception of two significant holidays that are observed by all teachers, staff, and the majority of our students. The two holidays are Eid Ul-Fitr and Eid Ul-Adha, and the institute will be closed for three days and five days, respectively. As the holiday approaches, exact dates will be updated in your portal calendar.
Due to the number of enrolled students, and similar to other tuition-based schools, tuition will not be credited or refunded for these two holidays.
- Eid Ul-Fitr [dates TBD]
- Eid Ul-Adha [dates TBD]
- Other Holidays
- Studio Arabiya teachers will continue classes through any other Western and non-Islamic holiday. If student needs any other holiday days off from classes, student should notify the administration at least 12 hours in advance to reschedule up to 2 lessons for no additional fee.
- Some of the additional holidays that are included, but not necessarily limited to are: New Years, Islamic New Years, Easter, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- The privacy of each and every student is important to us. The administration will not share or sell any information about any student to any third parties.
- The student policy is written with student’s privacy and safety in mind. Therefore, it is important for students to comply with this policy.
- Students are responsible for updating the administration with any changes to their profile. This includes e-mail address, billing address, phone number, etc.
- Students are to not share any personal information or accounts (such as email, Skype, Facebook, etc.) with teachers or staff members, unless communicating through our email@example.com email.
Giving Gifts to Teachers
- Studio Arabiya understands that students would like to give gifts to their teachers for various occasions. Unfortunately, sending gifts overseas to Egypt can prove to be an expensive and untrustworthy process. Please read the policy below regarding gifts.
- Studio Arabiya can ONLY accept monetary gifts from students to their teachers. Monetary gifts can be accepted with no monetary limit in the form of a personal check or money order. As soon as the monetary gift is received by Studio Arabiya, a financial officer will forward the gift to the specified teacher.
- Gifts may be mailed to: Studio Arabiya P.O. Box 3125 Conroe, TX 77301
- PLEASE specify the teacher’s name for whom the gift is for.
- Regretfully, physical gifts cannot be accepted by Studio Arabiya to be send to teachers. Unfortunately, there are too many risks in sending and receiving gifts to Egypt that Studio Arabiya does not allow such gifts to be sent.
- Any complaints from our students are taken very seriously and will be addressed as soon as possible. Complaints will be acknowledged within 3 business days.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your course, please contact the Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) so that we can fix the problem.
- Studio Arabiya holds no responsibility for consequences of neglecting the institute policy.
- Studio Arabiya is not responsible for any actions or comments by teachers.
- Failure to abide by these rules and procedures may result in consequences for the student.
Unauthorized Use of Content
Any content, publications, or class material is solely for the use of a student with Studio Arabiya. It may not be copied, published, distributed, or changed in any way without the written authorization from Studio Arabiya. All content on website and in portal is copyrighted by Studio Arabiya and may not be reproduced in any way. We reserve the right to discontinue services to anyone who uses or takes our content illegally, which may results in legal actions as well.
Help, Questions, Comments
- Any questions or comments outside of the subject material should be directed to the administration. We strive to offer the best quality for your classes and your opinions, comments and suggestions are important to us.
- Please contact the following:
- For all inquiries, including class cancellations, reschedules, billing questions, technical issues, etc; e-mail us or call (855) 226-2848.
Studio Arabiya reserves the right to change any of the above policies at any time. If an issue arises that is not covered in the policies above, the administration will use their best discretion to remedy a situation.